Sid Thomas S*-ing to Power

S*-ing to Power **** S is for Sign, * is for Use. S*, as in S*-ing, is for SLINGING THE SHLONG AGAINST PHILOSOPHICAL AND OTHER ABUSE (Let S* be verse, picture, symbology, rant, whatever talks eternal, American, now) The world is ready and waiting for what we can do here. As John Calvin put it, differently, "It's up to you."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Binghamton, New York, United States

This is an attempt to extend conversations begun over many years into the present, applying results of work in between to gain analytic method, continuity, scope, depth, vivacity and permanence

Friday, February 16, 2007

Picturing Sign-use

Pictures of the Uroboric Snake, the circled equilateral triangle


Originally Posted by Ahknabashi I AM. I KNOW because I SEE. I AM because I KNOW.I KNOW because I AM. I SEE because I KNOW. I AM because I SEE.I AM. I SEE. I KNOW. I AM.I AM. I KNOW. I SEE. I AM.I AM.I AM NOT-I. I AM. CREATION - MANIFESTATION - OBSERVATION - CREATION. I AM.
*****

What is communicated by the two forms, the uroboros and triangulated circle, are The Two, the primary metaphysical 1 - 1 correspondence. The uroboros is the living Totality; plus the Anneagram attained by adding the 9 (G.-number digits) around the rim, with the points of the triangle interspersed between 1=Re, 2 =Mi --(3) -- 4=Fa, 5=So -- (6) -- 7=La, 8=ti -- (9=Do): last of one cycle, first of the next. As you noted elsewhere, if the half-tone gap appearing in the Anneagram between "Fa-So" is "displaced upward" to the gap Ti-Do in order to 'complete the octave". As form of universal process, these two half-tones fill an octave progressing through the 8 "stopenders" (Gurdjieff's term for the 'stations' around the perimenter representing successive cumulative-effect operations in developmental sequence). The transitions Mi-Fa, Ti-do are filled with "first conscious shock" and "second conscious shock", respectively, in development of conscious octaves. The uroboric circle would represent the transcendental background, 'over against', or 'within' which the process of circulating Sign-Uses in communication is constantly going on. It stands for gateway, portal, unity, consciousness, spiral of powers, entering into interaction with extra-TokenSpace. I am trying to think through whether these are identical -- actual space and TokenSpace -- how it might be possible that in limiting cases (which can work down, back in), they do not. It could be that extended application of ideas, lines and measurements in Tokenspace, from 1. bio-chemical, to 2. organic (man), to 3. planetary, to 5. solar -- via 4. intra-planetary -- to 6. galactic -to 7. supra-galactic, (to 8. =?) passes through the same sequences of 'notes', organized as concentric spirals expanding along a line of radiusfrom consciousness to space-time totality. As in the universal Ray of Creation (Ouspensky), each level repeats and ramifies the preceding, in order of ratio of space-to-time. In this, perhaps, can be seen Kepler's geometrical construction of the planet's orbits inside the regular solids known to Plato. If '7", used as/for the One (1) on a plane, is squared by number (7 x 7), the result is 49. If the two-dimensional figure formed by making 7 columns over 7 rows = 49 visibly denumerable squares (+1 for the whole = 50) is extended into a visible space obtained by tilting the plane, shows a cube of 2001 subcubes. Each can be regarded as a differentiation of the Whole. Let Time =7; the power of all powers to act instantly throughout the extended universe. For the super-celestial sphere it does not exist (=God* as text for form of completing totality).

Let Space = 1 (biochemical; to phenomenal =>1 to) 2: field of comparative long-short predicates of common three-D objects. For the sub-microscopical, space, as humans experience it through sense-perception does not exist. Highly complex "balled up" concentrations of it exist IN human torsos and brains (50% increase in the size of brain from homo erectus to sapiens, w/in the last 300,000 or so) allowing it to work with numbers, words, as well as geometry, a composit with pictures to connect with what there is (from an interpreted logical point of view). Errors necessarily creep in when measerment from one scale, i.e., feet and inches, minites and hours, is applied to others above or below it. ((long footnote: The System* used here (*If you can dig it. Minimalizing, I call it simply "the S* system", or S*) is an Entity projecting ('the', if metaphysical) forms of analyzed discourse, using tools provided by the common meta-language to construct its formal apparatus. In the way that the syntactical metalanguage is used to set up sytems of valid deductive reasoning in science, as from theories to laws to observations. The undefined descriptive constants (UDC) replacing variables in predicate schema ranging over ordinary physical objects interprets both types of formalism into decidable statements communicating content of consciousness.

1 Comments:

Blogger heptopus said...

After re-reading this I've finally "got" the Anneagram. What was confusing me is that the Anneagram progression takes place in "frequency-space", with the semi-tones taking twice as long to ascend, whereas the Star of David spiral/Plumed Serpent takes place in "note-space", with the semi-tones corresponding to half-ascension increase. So the Anneagram is the dy/dx to the spiral's dx/dy.

Gotcha.

-Ahknabashi

P.S. Just realised that "Thoth" is a pun on your surname ;-)

"Heptaparaparshinok" - that's my new word for the day. Heard of the "Septs" of Ireland?

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home